Important Information for Campers from the Camp Committee!
Angels Unaware is updating and shifting to meet the current needs of HIV participants – that means Board and Camp Ray-Ray policies too. The following are mission statements for AU and CRR.
Mission of Angels Unaware:
Support children and families infected or affected by HIV/AIDS
Mission of Camp Ray-Ray:
Provide camp for families who are currently infected or affected by HIV/AIDS with child/ren under the age of 18 living in the home.
There are many families in Colorado with children under 18 who are currently infected or affected by HIV/AIDS who we have yet to reach. In the past 10 years, “grandfathered in”/Legacy and Veteran families have been allowed to attend Camp who are not currently infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and/or who have “aged out” – no longer have children under the age of 18 in their homes (i.e. grandmothers, grandchildren, etc.). We think of these families as:
- Legacy Families – Have been with us from the early years, whose needs have changed (as their family member has passed on) —not necessarily currently impacted by the virus in the same ways but continue to come to camp to honor their loved ones.
- Veteran Families – Still infected/affected living with the virus or impacted by a parent who is positive but don’t have someone under the age 18 in their homes.
Pursuant to our mission statement and honoring our donors, the Board of Angels Unaware has decided to follow a stricter adherence to our mission and funders. That means:
· All Families who are currently infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and have children under the age of 18 are welcome to attend Camp Ray-Ray for $35 per family.
· FOR THIS YEAR ONLY 2022: All Families who are Legacy or Veteran Families are WELCOME and allowed 1 room only at the rate of $35. All other rooms will be provided for $150 per room – (actual cost per person to attend the weekend is $174, or $700 for a family of 4). We are offering a SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT this year. All rooms are based on availability.
· If you intend to bring a person(s) who has never attended Camp in the past, there is an additional price of $100 per person regardless of age (children, boyfriends, girlfriends, parents, etc.) That is an additional fee above $150 per room.
Currently registered campers should have received an personal email from the Camp Committee going over the new changes and what amount is due by August 1.
We ask campers to confirm attending and pay new fees directly to Angels Unaware by August 1, 2022. Use this PayPal link
, pay by check or money order, Zelle, or Google Pay. Email AngelsUnaware@att.net
or call prior to August 1 to let them know how payment will be made and if you would like an invoice sent from any of the listed digital paying formats.
The camp theme is HEROES, so come celebrate our SHEROS Kristen, Stacy, Michelle, and Shannon!!!